Entoto Kidane Mehret
Entoto Kidane Mehret Church
𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑆𝑎𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑊𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑐𝑒
An Inner Courtyard of Grand Well-being and Cool Well-aroma
Entoto Kidane Mehret's Sanctuary (32) and courtyard appear, thanks to their serene and natural mountainous location, very open and extensive but invitingly cosy and soothing. The reasons for this surprisingly intense feeling of well-being and harmony are certainly the well-tuned architecture which charmingly appears embedded due to the courtyard's mighty arboretum of native and stately Juniper trees. Unreachable by the aeons of a forgotten time; still, these ancient trees' green foliage proudly rises from furrowed pillars to a mighty hall of cosy tranquillity. Thus, an ardour appears to stay extended for a while, well embraced by this refreshing roof of high, fragrant and native Juniper trees. These trees from antiquity delicately delimit Entoto Kidane Mehret's interior courtyard in a private walled setting and deliver this cosy coherence. This sense of original and noble beauty is evident and even more pleasurable since the whole place's surprisingly intense feeling of well-being finds its harmony with the Sanctuary's classical architecture. (Photo above by Ninara)
𝐸𝑛𝑡𝑜𝑡𝑜 𝐻𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑜ℎ𝑒 𝐾𝑖𝑑𝑎𝑛𝑒 𝑀𝑒ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑡 𝐶ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑐ℎ
|Videos: Entoto Kidane Mehret|
𝐀𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐤, 𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡 (32) 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 (1) 𝐚𝐝𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐀𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐚'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐚 (𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚).
𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐚 (𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚) - 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐁𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐚𝐱𝐢In the Capital's northern district, this place constitutes a central station for other taxi and bus services to the Capital's city centre. Likewise, Shero Meda (Shiromeda) is also a hub towards the mountain, offering taxi connections to Entoto Park (Z), Entoto Maryam (43), as well as Entoto Kidane Mehret (1). In the case of Entoto Kidane Mehret (1), Shero Meda is close enough to offer a pleasant walk to Entoto Natural Park. Shero Meda (Shiromeda) also allows the most convenient access to Entoto Maryam (43), located on Entoto's plateau.
𝑨 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝑫𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍-𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆
𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲
This Sanctuary (32) is the aesthetic and cultural foundation that created this delightful mountain town (1), which characterizes the impressive Entoto Kidane Mehret site. Although this rock-based sanctuary and society towers within the Capital's northern boundaries and mountain massifs, it seems remarkably preserved and well above all stressful whims. Furthermore, this Church and Monastery (32) are astonishingly hidden, tucked into the mountain massif rising shoulder where perception arises very soon to be careful because precipices and gullies take over immediately when you move away from a bit of piece of this remarkable protective town.
Entoto Kidane Mehret Sanctuary and Town
Preserved Elevated Protectorate
Entoto Kidane Mehret (1) society is probably best described as a mysteriously beautiful and appealing mountain town adorned with a discreetly extensive but invitingly cosy and soothing Sanctuary (32). Still, the Sanctuary of Entoto Kidane Mehret (32) should be described more precisely as a profoundly dedicated religious Sanctuary and Protectorate of Nature and Inhabitants. Entoto Kidane Mehret's Sanctuary (32) has been a religious protectorate of Entoto's nature for a long time, thus gaining unique and profound protection that has been deeply associated with religious devotion and conviction. However, cosy restaurants, hotels and Guesthouses still need to be included, which means that the nearest accommodation for tourism is the Shero Meda (Shiromeda) community.
Entoto Kidane Mehret
𝐀 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧-𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐁𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐚𝐱𝐢 
Although Entoto Kidane Mehret is quite highly located and appears distant due to its height above the Capital, it's equipped with a station for regular bus and taxi traffic. This quaint town's structure creates here a harmonic embrace of the extensive and impressive Entoto Kidane Mehret Church (32), Monastery and Sacred Water Source (31), Juniperus procera Forest (indigenous) 30.
Community (1), Sanctuary (32) and Sacred Water (31).
|Entoto Kidane Mehret, picnics & beauty|
Entoto Kidane Mehret (1).
The public coaches and taxis frequently come to Entoto Kidane Mehret (1) before they turn downhill. They soon arrive at the Shero Meda (Shiromeda) station and society and further to the central part of the Capital. This choice as a more historical base for further exploration within the wilderness and canyon routes of the Park is natural because both municipal buses and taxis regularly have this place as the final location.
Adventure picnic for the young family
A beautiful choice of picnic at Entoto Kidane Mehret is easily reached by enjoying the gently undulated promenade within a delightful valley [A] and its enchantingly sculptural glen. The gentle walk that delightfully goes to the Italian-built spring water facility (19) is within the young family's requirements of beauty and convenience and, therefore, an excellent choice for most activities and nature interests. Entoto Kidane Mehret's inhabitants bring their household water from this source. Thus, the company is apparent by playing with children and people fetching quantities of water to their homes.
Picnics Store PreparationsDespite this somewhat harsh highland air, the picnics prevail as captivating and comfortable but, of course, with importance, require picnic sweets and provisions. If someone still needs to buy for the picnic, this could be purchased at the store (2) next to the Entoto Kidane Mehret Sanctuary (32) at community (1).
Accommodation with Captivating Adventure
|Shero Meda's station, shown down to the left in|
this image is very near Entoto Kidane Mehret,
only 20 minute's walk downhill. Entoto Kidane
Mehret's quaint town has buses and taxis, and
this town is the regular final service site's
last station location within the Park.
Accommodation and Food Services
The two travel routes starting from Shero Meda centre and continuing up the hill towards Entoto Kidane Mehret (32) and Entoto Maryam (43), offer some small and inviting neighbourhoods. Thus this somewhat hilly outskirts of the Capital attracts visitors with several cosy restaurants while either enjoying the moderately steep and leisurely uphill walk or any regular taxi or bus to Entoto Kidane Mehret (1).
Restaurants and Accommadation.Continuing up towards the mountainside, above the northern outskirt of Sheromeda and closer to Entoto Kidane Mehret (32), this offers a specific selection of accommodations. Since the landscape is delightfully inviting, it is an excellent opportunity for restaurants in Entoto Kidane Mehret (1), including hotels or guest houses up to some miles north of Shero Meda's (Shiromeda) centre.
Entoto Kidane Mehret (Restaurant): Enat Kurs Bet
Phone: +251 091 118 4581
Entoto Kidane Mehret (Restaurant): Yoassiad Bistro
Phone: +251 091 167 5832
A Cosy Sanctuary with Picnic for the Whole Family
The most beautiful and versatile nature and fascinating places within a distance of charming simplicity are often the primaries for family picnics. Still, they can often be challenging to accomplish within the convenience of the whole family's interest. Due to weather conditions, duties and family members' interest in comfort and alluring entertainment, the intended excursions require some unique and beautiful characteristics of the picnic's requirements. Hence, Entoto Kidane Mehret (1) and (32) are very pleasant and convenient, yet with a special touch of grandeur and foreboding, thrillingly beautiful adventure.
19. A suitable choice during the rainy season.
While this site (19) offers this required, convenient and exciting beauty, and the tempests usually follow a bound rhythm, its experience in beautiful, cosy daily hours can be both appealing and irresistible. This provided a conscious behaviour to return the short distance to Entoto Kidane Mehret (1) in time before the next thunderstorm.
19. Italian Water ReservoirThe Italians established an extensive reservoir to provide the Capital with water during the occupation. For the Capital nowadays, this mountain reservoir (underground water technology) has lost some importance in favour of more significant catchment dams.
Mysterious High-Tech Mountain Water.
Entoto Kidane Mehret's inhabitants bring their household water from this source (19). Therefore, the company is apparent by playing with children and people fetching quantities of water to their homes.
Entoto Kidane Mehret
𝑨 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒊𝒏𝒈
The reason for this surprisingly profound feeling of well-being and harmony is certainly the well-tuned architecture. Suppose it were not for Entoto Kidane Mehret Sanctuary's noble magnificence. In that case, the impression could resemble the large courtyard of a luxury hotel just at the doorstep of a stunningly beautiful nature park. Naturally, great comfort appears apparent due to the cosy atmosphere from the Sancuary's mighty crowned canopy roof of the natural and refreshing, fragrant, and native Juniper trees. Hence, these historical trees impressively delimit the interior courtyard in a private walled setting in a very cosy atmosphere where the Sanctuary's courtyard comforts and stimulates visitors to enjoy the site's beauty.
The Sanctuary: A Wonderful Base for the Coming Adventure
However, near allures the breathtaking drama of the mountain with the unknown, intriguing premonition of exploration and adventure. Here, the deep aroma of the mountain's indigenous trees attracts with their refreshing well-fragrance; it rises with wistful fervour beyond the Sanctuary's stone wall and invokes a deep and mysterious impression of the forgotten aeons. Irresistible, the caressing breeze entices the visitor's soul with enigmatic flavour from a tantalizing veiled world. Thus, these enigmatically revealed visions from the forgotten past originate from an overwhelmingly beautiful Nature that beckons exploration in a serene excursion within the grand Highland landscape.
A Mountain-Based Site for Buses and Taxis
Although Entoto Kidane Mehret is quite highly located and appears distant due to its height above the Capital, it's equipped with a restaurant and a station for regular bus and taxi traffic. This quaint town's structure creates here a harmonic embrace of the extensive and impressive Entoto Kidane Mehret Church (32), Monastery and Sacred Water Source (31), Juniperus procera Forest (indigenous) 30.
Regular Transportation to the Sanctuary
The choice of Entoto Kidane Mehret as one of the more adventurous bases for further exploration of the Park is natural because the Capital's buses and local taxis regularly have this place as the final location. Here they are, waiting in the shade of large native trees before turning downhill again and soon arriving at the Shero Meda (Shiromeda) station, society, and the central part of the Capital.
𝑨 𝑴𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰𝒏𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
Completely surrounded by its society, this station is characterized by an inviting cosiness, with an accompanying impression of magnificence that cannot be expected in a massive rock ledge of a mountain. This town's station would be disproportionately large if not for the Sanctuary that discreetly dominates its outer propagation, and it is located beautifully on this dramatically elevated hidden mountain plateau.
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝑨𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒂𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆
- This unique town's structure creates here a harmonic embrace of the extensive and impressive Entoto Kidane Mehret Church (32), Monastery and Sacred Water Source (31), Juniperus procera Forest (indigenous) 30.
𝑨 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝑴𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍
- Besides, this Sanctuary with its Church and Monastery are astonishingly hidden, tucked into the mountain massif rising shoulder where perception arises very soon to be careful. The visual scenery of the valley [A] is charmingly inviting with the dramatic landscape where precipices and gullies take over immediately when you just move away from a bit piece of this tremendous protective plateau and its quaint surrounding mountain ledge town.
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑨𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝑬𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒕𝒐 𝑲𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝑴𝒆𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒕
- Along the anticipated and continued reasonably steep climb of the road is the experience of native forest (30) within arm's length of charming but surprising expertise. Here it is very close, on the right side of the road, these ancient trees mysteriously allure in a revelation and guise of a completely fenced but mighty Juniper forest (30). This wild, dense and impressive forest (30) spreads out vigorously from the steep ascent beginning (31) and up to the road's clearance, completely beside Entoto Kidane Mehret (32).
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏'𝒔 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒓
- In the first part of this protected and environmentally protective forest, you find yourself a good piece below society but are nonetheless part of its togetherness. The forest here (30) is impressive and serves the essential purpose of maintaining clean and uncontaminated spring water.
𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝑴𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈
- Just to the right and slightly below, at the beginning of this step, a well-fenced juniper forest is a highly sought-after and famous building where the water from this mysterious, ancient place will arrive in cascades and qualitative amounts.
𝑬𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑹𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑱𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝑴𝒂𝒎𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝑻𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔
- Immediately behind the muscular columnar, Juniperus procera trunks and many layers of wire prohibition protection arrives this spring water (31) with beautiful sounds. The refreshing and pleasant presence of original nature imparts a crystal clear stream below the gnarled roots of these venerable and furrowed guards in the shape of ancient dignified Junipers.
𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒕 𝑬𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒕𝒐 𝑲𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝑴𝒆𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒕
- This community is equipped with shops for the most important, beautiful cultural buildings with associated spring water and an indigenous forest of giant Junipers (30). These constitute significant assets for adventures, picnics, and hiking in the varied mountainous terrain of Entoto Natural Park.
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝑬𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒕𝒐 𝑲𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝑴𝒆𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒕
- Entoto Kidane Mehret is a very dedicated and appealing mountain town but should more precisely be described as a profoundly religious Sanctuary and Protectorate of Nature and its Inhabitants.
[ Free ] - [ Entrance Fee ]
Videos: Entoto Kidane Mehret